The Qmee Promise: Privacy
Our whole premise is built upon putting real people first. We understand the growing concerns around privacy and want to make it clear that what we’re building is, in some ways, an answer to that. As a young company, we don’t have the demands of bigger companies, so we can make sure that the only voices we listen to are the ones of those that matter.
- We don’t store any data on your general browsing habits, ONLY on the search terms. This is to help us improve your experience by serving more relevant ads in the right context
- We will only track your behaviour on a website if you’ve clicked directly from the Qmee application.
- We are 100% respectful of your browser privacy settings. If they request we do not track, trigger or trace, we won’t.
- Any data we hold that links to your identity is shared with no one else. So don’t expect third party spam just because you’ve signed up.
- Privacy is always going to be central to our business values. We’re working on implementing features that enhance your control.
We want Qmee to be unique in it’s approach to business. We want to give people something that they can trust, value and ultimately get the same rewards as big brands do through your time spent online. We’re constantly looking to improve, so if you have any recommendations of concerns, please comment below or email us at email@example.com
Still don’t trust us?
If you’re a dab hand at computing, we invite you to take a look at our code for anything suspicious. The code for Qmee is completely open for you to view. Spot something that goes against our word? Leave it in the comments below.
You’ll find the code in the following locations:
Windows – C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mbaanpgkpkoamihninlcegnjclcpibde
Mac – /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/mbaanpgkpkoamihninlcegnjclcpibde