Summertime recipes – sweet potato & shallot quesadillas
It’s that time again – we have another summertime recipe for you! This week we’ve chosen something quite simple, but delicious – it’s perfect for a light lunch, or just add some side dishes with it to turn it in to a great dinner. How do sweet potato and shallot quesadillas sound? Take a look at what you’ll need and how to make them below…
Here’s what you’ll need…
4 small, or 2 large, sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 banana shallots, finely sliced into rounds
200g frozen broad beans
4 corn tortillas
60g Edam, coarsely grated
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then put in a microwaveable bowl, cover and microwave on high for 10 mins or until soft in the centre.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the shallots and cook, stirring often, for 10 mins or until soft and beginning to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the broad beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 mins, then drain and run under cold water. Pop half out of their pale thicker skins and leave the rest.
- To assemble, put a tortilla in the same frying pan you used for the shallots, over a medium heat.
- Scatter over a quarter of the cheese, then squeeze over half the potatoes, skin included, sprinkle over half the onions and broad beans, and finish with another quarter of the cheese.
- Season well, then put a second tortilla on top.
- Leave to cook and heat through for 2 mins, then flip over to cook the other side for another 2 mins.
- Tip out onto a board and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Slice and serve.
Let us know if you try this recipe and how it goes by leaving a comment below.