We have another great summertime recipe for you this week. You’ll be packing in the vegetables with this delicious herb and garlic pork dish – it’s not only low-fat and low-calorie, but it also provides five of your five-a-day! Take a look at the ingredients and method below…
Here’s what you’ll need…
2 tsp rapeseed oil
2 red onions, halved and sliced
2 peppers (any colour), diced
1 large aubergine, diced
2 large courgettes, halved and sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp vegetable bouillon
1 thyme spig
Handful basil, stalks chopped, leaves torn and kept separate
For the pork:
475g pork tenderloin, fat trimmed off, cut into 2 equal pieces
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp thyme leaves, plus a few sprigs to decorate
1 tsp rapeseed oil
Brown rice or new potatoes, to serve
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions for 5 mins or until softened.
- Stir in the peppers, aubergine, courgettes and garlic, and cook, stirring, for a few mins.
- Tip in the tomatoes and 1 can of water, then stir in the bouillon, thyme and basil stalks.
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins or until tender, then stir through the basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, rub the pork with the garlic, then scatter with the thyme and some black pepper, patting it so it sticks all over.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the pork for about 12 mins, turning frequently so it browns on all sides, until tender but still moist.
- Cover and rest for 5 mins.
- To serve, slice the pork and serve with the ratatouille, some brown rice or new potatoes and some extra thyme.
Let us know if you try this recipe and how it goes by leaving a comment below.