Check out our recipe this week and make a simple, creamy dessert for a dinner party (with very little effort!). Adding fresh strawberries or raspberries to this white chocolate cheesecake offsets the richness and is absolutely delicious.
Take a look at the ingredients and method below.
Here’s what you’ll need…
300g digestive biscuits
150g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease
400g white chocolate, broken into pieces
300g full-fat cream cheese
300ml double cream
200g strawberries or raspberries, to serve
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until completely ground.
- Add butter and whizz again until you have the desired crumbly consistency.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm deep, loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Add the biscuit mixture to the cake tin and pat it flat.
- Leave to set in the fridge for approximately 30 mins.
- Begin melting the chocolate in a heatproof glass bowl over a small pan of hot water on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 mins until barely warm but still liquid.
- Meanwhile whisk the cream cheese and mascarpone together.
- Add double cream and keep whisking until the mixture is just holding its own shape.
- Finally, add the melted chocolate and whisk until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture over the cooled and set biscuit base, then smooth the top.
- Return to the fridge to cool for at least 6 hours until the topping is set.
- Finally, decorate with fruit.