This week’s recipe is perfect for when you want something quick and tasty!
Cod is a great source of stress-busting B vitamins and magnesium, so why not enjoy this easy peasy paella that’s also packed with three of your five-a-day, iron, folate and fibre.
Take a look at the ingredients and method below.
Here’s what you’ll need…
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
100g brown basmati rice
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp smoked paprika
500ml reduced-salt vegetable bouillon
1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 large courgette, diced
125g frozen peas
300g pack skinless Atlantic cod loins, cut into chunks
⅓ small pack parsley, chopped
½ lemon, cut into wedges
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the onion and garlic for a couple of mins to soften.
- Add the rice and spices, stir briefly, then pour in the bouillon and add the pepper.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir in the courgette, cover and cook for 10 mins more.
- Add the peas and cod, cover the pan and cook for 10 mins more until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Toss with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.