We’re so excited to try the recipes we’ve chosen for this week – it sounds absolutely delicious! You can’t go wrong with a recipe that includes halloumi, peri-peri sauce, slaw and sweet potato wedges.
Serve slices of griddled halloumi cheese alongside bowls of zesty coleslaw and yogurt sauce and let everyone assemble their own.
Take a look at the ingredients and method below.
Here’s what you’ll need…
4 small sweet potatoes
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
2 large carrots
1 large red onion, halved
Half a white cabbage, halved and cored
Handful coriander, chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
200ml natural yogurt
Juice and zest 1 lime
225g block halloumi
4 tbsp piri-piri sauce
4 large seeded wraps
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges, tip onto a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season well. Toss the wedges until well coated in oil, then bake for 30 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, shred the carrots, onion and cabbage using the slicing blade on a food processor (or grate the carrot and finely slice the onion and cabbage).
- Add the chopped coriander, 150ml yogurt, the lime juice and zest, and some seasoning. Toss together, then set aside.
- Mix the remaining yogurt in a bowl with 2 tbsp piri-piri sauce.
- Heat a griddle pan.
- Slice the halloumi and put in a bowl with the remaining piri-piri. Toss gently to coat, without breaking up the cheese.
- Cook in the pan for a few mins each side.
- Meanwhile, warm the wraps in a microwave.
- To serve, pile the slaw and halloumi into wraps, dollop with the yogurt sauce and scatter with coriander. Serve with the wedges.