Money saving tips for Valentine’s Day
We’re feeling romantic this Valentine’s week – but that doesn’t mean we’re completely out of character, we’ve still got an eye on money saving tips for Valentine’s Day
- Stay at home – do the obvious, have a cosy night in and a home cooked meal!
- Candles, candles, candles – sets the mood and saves on electricity…
- Not many people can tell the difference between cheap and expensive champagne. Opt for prosecco and save the cash!
- Get creative and make your own gifts, chances are you’ll have a good laugh!
- Deliver your flowers yourself – you’ll save on the delivery charge and get brownie points for being extra romantic
- Save it for later – everything is always more expensive on Valentine’s Day. If you want to go out, go out the day after!
- Remember the most romantic gestures don’t need to be expensive, posting love notes around the house requires more imagination and effort anyway!
- Be a tourist in your own city and go to places you’ve never been especially the free venues and activities!
- Skip dinner – just do dessert and drinks, it’s the best bit anyway!
10. Make a mixtape, it’s retro (trendy) and personal!
Do you have any money saving tips for Valentine’s Day to add?