Easter weekend is approaching and we know how easy it is to get carried away in the spirit of the holiday weekend. Buying loads of chocolate, decorations and gifts for an Easter weekend get together, (especially if there are kids involved!) can end up costing a lot more than you had planned to spend. So it’s time to start thinking of ways to enjoy the long weekend, but without over-spending!
Here at Qmee, you know we love to save money! So we’ve come up with some money saving tips for Easter fun without breaking your budget…
- Don’t buy… bake – why not make your own Easter treats instead of buying them? Take a quick trip down to your local store to buy some ingredients (they won’t add up to much) and make some home-made Easter chocolate snacks or cakes
- Gifts for the whole year – if you decide to make Easter gifts for the kids, why not make something they’ll be able to use throughout the year, something that will keep them entertained on more than one occasion (as well as the Easter eggs they’ll eat in one day of course!)
- Freshen up an outfit – instead of buying a whole new outfit for the Easter weekend why not just buy some new earrings, a new necklace or even some new hair accessories? It’s a cheaper way to look great and stand out at your Easter get-together
- Spend a little but have more fun! – everyone loves a traditional Easter egg hunt on Easter weekend. You don’t have to splash out and buy gifts, why not just buy a variety of sweets to create a trail around the house/garden? Everyone will be having so much fun they won’t notice if the gifts are little ones!
- Pitch in – if you’re planning to have a family and friends Easter get-together or party, it would be a great idea to ask everyone to “pitch in” and bring something along with them; food and drink for the buffet, chocolate for the kids, a few decorations… anything that will help keep everyone’s budget in check
What are your money saving tips for the Easter holidays? Share your ideas by leaving a comment below!