Back to school tips
It’s almost the end of August, summer will soon be turning to fall, and that means one thing for our Qmee users who are students: it’s time to go back to school.
We know it can be hard to adjust back in to the fast pace of school life after spending the summer relaxing with friends, having fun on vacation and enjoying endless barbecues in the nice weather. Many people will start to feel anxious and worried about going back to school – especially if it involves moving on from high school to college.
However, we feel that going back to school or starting at a new college can be an exciting time too; you just need to do a bit of forward planning to make sure you’re as relaxed as possible on your first day back. So we’ve put together 5 back to school tips for you to use to get you ready for the new semester/term…
1. Buy your supplies – folders, binders and notepads with patterns and designs make note taking much more fun. If you get all of your school supplies before school actually starts, it’ll be easier to keep up with your course work and stay organized throughout the year. If there’s anything course specific that you find out you need once school has begun, you can always buy that when you have some spare time.
2. Get an agenda – the school year is a really busy time; between taking tests, doing your homework and joining in with school activities and events it can be difficult to keep on top of everything. By keeping an up to date agenda, you’ll find it much easier to manage your time – and time management is one of the keys to success.
3. List your goals – before the school year begins, write a list of the academic goals you want to achieve in the upcoming school year. It may sound time consuming but by writing down every goal, you’re able to plan properly and realize what you need to do in order to achieve them. Having your own list can be a great motivation and will help you keep going if you’re ever having a tired or negative day.
4. Don’t procrastinate – this is something we’ve all done whether at school, work or even at home, and it always leads to negative repercussions – so make sure you get your mind in to a positive space where there’s no room for procrastination! If you dedicate a little bit of time every day to your courses it’s sure to have a great impact on your grades.
5. Think positively – this is our favorite of our back to school tips! heading back to school with a positive attitude can lead you on the way to success straight away. Try to always see the glass as half-full when it comes to finishing your assignments and you’re much more likely to succeed. Did you know exercise is a great way to help you feel more positive about life in general? So why not join the school gym and go a couple of times a week – or you could join one of the school’s sports teams. Positivity and optimism are important when trying to cope with school life.