Autumnal recipes – apple muffins
It’s apple season! So this week as part of our autumnal recipes we decided to choose a recipe that included apples – it seems only right seeing as it’s the season for them! We’ve chosen something simple, fun and a recipe you can easily share with others – apple muffins! Everybody has tried chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins and probably even raspberry muffins but we’ve never tried apple muffins so we wanted to give it a go. Have a look at the recipe and let us know what you think…
Here’s what you’ll need:
255g (9 oz) plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
60g (2 oz) butter
225ml (8 fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
110g (4 oz) apple – peeled, cored and chopped
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
2. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with the milk.
6. Fold in the apple.
7. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Muffins are a great treat for after dinner, or even just for a weekend snack, and making them is always really fun! You could try adding different fruit in with the apples as well if you fancy being adventurous. Let us know what you think of the recipe or if you have any special autumnal recipes you can’t wait to try out this fall.