The end of August is in sight, fall will be on its way soon, and that means one thing for our Qmee users who are students: back to school time!
After spending the summer relaxing with friends, having fun on vacation and enjoying endless barbecues in the nice weather, it can be hard to adjust back in to the fast pace of school life. It’s extremely normal to start feeling anxious and worried about going back to school – especially if it involves moving on from high school to college.
However, going back to school or starting at a new college can be an exciting time too; you just need to do a bit of forward planning to make sure you’re as relaxed as possible on your first day back. So we’ve put together 5 tips for going back to school for you to use to get you ready for the new semester/term…
- Stock up on supplies – folders, binders and notepads with patterns and designs make note taking much more fun. If you get all of your school supplies before school starts, it’ll be easier to keep up with your course work and stay organized throughout the year. If there’s anything course specific that you find out you need once school has begun, you can always buy that when you have some spare time.
- Buy an agenda/diary – between taking tests, doing your homework and joining in with school activities and events it can be difficult to keep on top of everything. School is a busy time! But, by keeping an up to date agenda/diary, you’ll find it easy to manage your time. And time management is a really important thing when it comes to being successful.
- Write down your goals – before the school year begins, write a list of the academic goals you want to achieve in the upcoming school year. This may sound time consuming and boring but by writing down every goal, you’re able to plan properly and realize what you need to do in order to achieve them. Having your own list can be a great motivation and will help you keep going if you’re ever having a tired or negative day.
- Don’t procrastinate – this is something we’ve all done whether at school, work or even at home, and it always leads to negative repercussions – so make sure you leave no room for procrastination! If you dedicate a little bit of time every day to your courses it’s sure to have a great impact on your grades.
- Think positively – this is our favorite back to school tip! A positive attitude can lead you on the way to success straight away. Try to always see the glass as half-full when it comes to finishing your assignments and you’re much more likely to succeed. Did you know exercise is a great way to help you feel more positive about life in general? So why not join the school gym and go a couple of times a week – or you could join one of the school’s sports teams. Positivity and optimism are important when trying to cope with school life.
We’d really love to hear your back to school tips, or if you’re starting at a new college, so leave us a comment below…