Burgers are one of our all time favorite dishes – especially in the summer when they can be cooked outside on the grill! They’re one of our favorites because they’re so easy to personalize – if you want to add some cheese, you can, if you want to add extra bacon, you can; there’s no limit to what you can add to a burger. They’re also really easy to make! This is why our chosen summertime recipe this week is burgers with a mustard-dill sauce…
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 tablespoons sour cream
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
10 ounces lean ground beef
2 hamburger buns, split
2 tomato slices
2 lettuce leaves
2 gherkins (sliced in half)
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)
2. Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl
3. Transfer 3 tablespoons sauce to small bowl and reserve
4. Add meat to remaining sauce in medium bowl and mix gently
5. Divide meat mixture into 2 equal portions – flatten each to 1/2-inch-thick patty; season with salt and pepper
6. Grill cut side of buns until toasted, about 1 minute
7. Grill patties until cooked to your preference (about 4 minutes per side for medium).
8. Spread bottom half of buns with reserved sauce
9. Top each with burger, tomato slice, lettuce, gherkin and bun top
There’s such a wide choice of side dishes to go with burgers as well which is great! If you’re feeling really hungry why not fill the rest of your plate with some Cajun style chips and grilled corn on the cob? Or if you’re looking for a healthier side dish, it won’t take long to make a tomato, pepper and olive salad which will taste delicious alongside your mustard-flavored burger.
Remember, we’d love to hear what recipes you’re trying out this summer so leave us a comment below with your great ideas!