During the summer when the weather is nice and hot, you don’t always feel like eating a big, heavy meal. So this week for our summertime recipe we’ve decided to go with a salad! But don’t worry, it’s not just a plain salad – our summertime recipe this week is for a barbecue lamb and courgette salad. This meal is quick and easy to make, but also makes the most out of using the barbecue – which we know a lot of people love doing during the summer months. Take a look at the ingredients and method below…
Here’s what you’ll need…
9 lamb cutlets
3 lemons, 1 zested and juiced, others each cut into 4 slices
250g baby courgettes, halved lengthways
Small bunch of mint, leaves picked
400g can butter beans, drained
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 spring onions, finely sliced
140g feta cheese, crumbled
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
1. Marinate the lamb cutlets in the lemon juice and 4 tbsp olive oil for about 20 mins.
2. Brush courgettes with another 2-3 tbsp olive oil and season.
3. Lift the lamb cutlets out of the marinade, season well and barbecue or griddle for 1-3 mins on each side.
4. Barbecue or griddle the courgettes for 2-3 mins on each side until tender and charred.
5. Barbecue or griddle the lemon slices for 30 secs-1 min each side to char and caramelise slightly.
6. Transfer the lamb and courgettes to a platter.
7. Scatter on the mint, lemon zest, butter beans, chilli, spring onions, feta and seasoning, and gently toss.
8. Drizzle with olive oil and add the barbecued lemons to the platter to squeeze over.
Sounds like the perfect light summer lunch! Let us know if you have any other recipes that are good for when the weather is too hot for a heavy meal, or if you try this recipe out let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below.