We’re extremely excited about our recipe this week; it includes the epitome of autumnal food (pumpkin) and something most people absolutely love – which is of course, chocolate.
The autumnal recipe we’ve chosen this week is for chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. A great thing about this recipes is that it’s quick, easy and you don’t need to use any eggs – so when you’re running low on eggs at home, you can still please everyone by baking beautiful, perfect-for-fall cookies.
Take a look at the ingredients and method below, and then get baking!
Here’s what you’ll need…
400g caster sugar
1 tin (400g) pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
500g plain flour
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
350g chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
1. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
2. Cream the sugar, butter, pumpkin and vanilla together.
3. Mix until light and well combined.
4. Mix the flour, bicarb and ground cinnamon.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking tray.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
9. Let cookies cool on a rack.
These will be perfect with a warm drink on a chilly evening, or you could even use them as treats on Halloween when the kids are out trick or treating. We’d love to know if you have any other cookies or cakes you like to bake during fall, or if you give this recipe a try let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below.